Photobucket

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Uhm... eww?


I have heard the term "window licker" a few times in recent past. I never knew what it meant, and thought I would be showing my uncoolness if I asked. I do believe I have finally discovered what folks were talking about when they used the term "window licker". What I did NOT realize is that all of those folks own South African Boerboels! Wow! Small world eh?




Yes, it's gross. Yes, I'm going show you more.




Oh quit complaining. You only have to LOOK at it. I had to CLEAN UP AFTER IT!





As I was watching the gallons of slobber drip down my sliding glass door, I was reminded of a fact sheet I read before buying Matani. This fact sheet was an integral part of our decision to purchase this particular breed. The author of that 'fact sheet' was a dumb-ass who OBVIOUSLY  has never had a South African Boerboel living in their home with them.  I shall now clear up some common misconceptions about the S. African Boerboel for you.

1. South African Boerboels very rarely bark. 
    My Ass!  Have you ever tried to talk to me on the phone? Call... and listen to my dog!

2. South African Boerboels don't shed.
    My Ass... again! This dog sheds more than any other dog I've had the pleasure of sharing my bed with. ICK!

3. South African Boerboels don't produce the mass quantities of drool that other Mastiff breeds do.
     MY ASS!!!!!!!!!  You saw the pictures right?


One could easily understand why I felt the sudden urge to strangle the shit out of the author of that fact sheet while I was mopping up all of slippery, slimy puppy drool.

Pleasant Dreams. 


12 comments:

All moments remembered said...

I just found your blog and I am sooo glad because I needed a really good laugh!!! OHHH those pics are priceless.... I want to see the pics of the strangled author of the facts sheet! LOL Enjoy your puppy!!
Stacey

Robin said...

Just don't know WHY the puter gods won't let me get an e mail about new furniture?????? Think they know somwthing I don't!!! lol!!

And Matani is tooo much!!! Happy mopping, girl!!!!

Vicki said...

Krissy - it may just be me, but I find the slobber photos GORGEOUS!! I really must get out more! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Krissy those are the most hilarious pictures EVER!!!! We used to have a rotty that did that all the time when I was a kid, so gross (yet funny to us kids who didn't have to clean the windows!) These will have to go right next to the pool pictures...

Wendy said...

ROFLMBO...and crying too!! Matani is just too DARN funny!! Glad your the one cleaning that up and NOT me!! Thank you for the chuckle tonight!! Your no shedding, no barking, no drooling dog has grown...You know I keep telling you that isn't a dog it's an elephant in disguise!! Loved your findings and comments regarding the fact sheet, live and learn!!

Anonymous said...

MY ASS .. LOLOLOL... loved the post and the down right EEEWWW of photos .. love it

The Dolphin Inn said...

You need to be sending the plonker who wrote those comments these photos, along with a cloth and an offer to mop up the mess, LMAO here, thanks for the jollies XXX

phamil said...

OMG, I just laughed so hard I just abuot peed my pants!!!! You should see Doug's truck after Speckles goes for a ride!!!! He's still a cutie, even if he's big and slobbery!!!! Love the pics, I needed to laugh!!!!! Thanks!

Stacey said...

haaa haaa haaa haa!!!!! Those pictures are HILARIOUS!!!!!

Karin said...

LM(F)AOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I too own a South African Boerboel and I could not agree with you more...one of the reasons I chose this breed was the no slobber thing...again MY ASS. Thanks for making me laugh.

Anonymous said...

You without doubt have a style all your own when it comes to creating these nice blog posts.