Photobucket

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hallelujah and Merry Christmas!




I am bowing down before the RAW gods. I've had this silly little camera of mine for a year and a half now and have not had the nerve to start shooting in RAW format. I braved going to all manual settings and that seemed a large enough jump into photography for me! OH  MY GOSH!!!!!!! Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHY didn't you smack me and MAKE me shoot RAW?! My wonderful photographer friend!  It wasn't until I saw what my good friend Wendy was doing with her macro shots in RAW that I decided to take the plunge.... today. HOLY CRAP! What an amazing difference in both quality and editing capabilities! NOW, I get it.  (shaking head)  I get it. BRING ON THE PHOTO SHOOTS! LMAOOOOOO!

Here are some random shots that i've been meaning to put onto my blog but haven't. And a couple that I shot RAW today (YAY ME!)

I hope you all have a wonderful, beautiful Christmas, and a prosperous and Happy New Year!




Here's one I took of Ashli today while we made cookies. Isn't licking the mixer thingy the best part about  making cookies? I think so! So does Ash!  (Shot in RAW)




While I was experimenting with my new found RAWness, Mason was my willing? subject. All of the photos I shot today would have been deleted had I not had the extended editing capabilites that come along with RAW shooting. ESPECIALLY the photo above!



Another one of my "would have been deleted shots".  Now? One of my favorites of Bubby this Christmas!  Yes, yes, I know. Bad call putting him in an orange sweater LOL!


Bubbs helping to re-decorate the tree. He's enjoyed trying to figure out how to re-hang the ornaments he rips off!  (RAW)



Me continuing to stalk my son. And him running at me (ready to throw my camera I'm sure).  RAW



Bubbs doing that "ornament thing" again. But hey, it made for some good pics!



Here's Ash by the tree. Not shot in RAW, but I thought it was cute anyway!




Dad and bubbs in November when we went on a veeeeeeeeery long hike. Mason and Ashli did SO well. They hiked a few miles with us through some pretty tough terrain (well, it would be tough if you were three feet tall) and came through like champs! Way to go kids!


I would show you photos of the kids with Santa, but in my "Spring Computer Cleaning" I seem to have DELETED my scanner! Add that to the list of stuff to fix! HA!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!





6 comments:

paulien710 said...

OMG.... what a BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!!
Wish you would live closer to me!
You are an absolutely photographer.

Merry Christmas sweetie.
To you and your lovely family.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Juli and Brett said...

I love your pictures! You are such a great photographer. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

***SMACK*** Was that hard enough?! ;) I'm soooo glad you're in love with RAW- you'll never go back now! ;) Love the pics, especially of the one with Mason in front of the tree. What a great shot. Hope you guys had a great holiday!

Stacey said...

ohhhh those are fabulous pictures!! ok I am totally going to have to try that!!!

Wendy said...

Sheesh...Blew me AWAY ya did!!! I think Ma'am you have RAW photos mastered!! Isn't it sweet!! Love all your photos but especially love the photo of Mason with the tree from a distance, gorgeous...But they are all gorgeous!! GREAT job Krissy!!

Dig-Photos n Scrappings said...

what a beautiful pictures taken!!