Photobucket

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some Pics.. Some News!

My daylillies are up! YAY! Just in time for me to get one last photo before we move! (Hopefully). Our house is back under contract with a NEW set of buyers! So, again.. we have 30 days to find a new house and get out! We are trying desperately to get the house we had under contract back in May... but we are having to fight another buyer for it! UGH!!! Hopefully we'll know something soon. We've seen all the other homes in this area and they all pretty much SUCKED. So.. keep our fingers crossed!



This is a baby American Kestrel (Thanks HB!) There are three babes and a mommy (see a few posts below). They have made my yard home for the past few days and enjoy sitting on my back fence! I got my camera out, DOUBLE CHECKED MY ISO and popped off a few shots. This little angel who has only been out of the nest for about 1-2 weeks let me get to within 5 feet or so of him. I just loved this shot!



Here is a dragonfly that I found hanging out on my raspberry bushes while I was Kestrel hunting. I tried to get some great shots of it's face as I am convinced it was giving me some pretty strange looks, but every one of them came out blurry! Ah well, i'm trying my best to find those bugs Wen!



11 comments:

phamil said...

Krissy, your pictures always amaze me!!! Especially that dragonfly!!! Congrats on the house, I hope things go really smoothly for you all this time!!!!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Stunning shots sweetie, congrats on the house, keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping everything runs smoothly for you too XXX

Stacey said...

wow those are some great shots girl!!!! Hope everything works out with the house this time!!

Wendy said...

LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING!! I am so DARN jealous that you have Kestrel's in your backyard, GRRR...lol It's just not fair!! I can't believe you were able to get that close to him...Love the photo! As to the Dragonfly, YEA!! You did a terrific job!! It is hard to get the focus on their eyes and believe me I've had a lot of practice but still have a lot of problems and a lot of blurry photos!! All I can say is snap as many as you can, use manual focus and Pray! Oh how I love day lillies, great job on the photo! Kristen I'm praying for you all and the house, I know how much you loved it!! I hope this time your house sells and you are truly able to get the house you'd like!! Didn't it have a room downstairs just for you?

Dig-Photos n Scrappings said...

Nice Ones and Notice Lily Flower I had done before.. Giggle.. Well Got to says NICE PICTURES...

Helen said...

LOL to Wendy's comment.....I knew it. Love the dragon fly shot. Fingers crossed with the house K....it will work out...you'll see.

Nancy said...

beautiful shots, really love that dragonfly, i've been searching all summer, but can't catch one sitting still. good luck with the house hunting.

Leah said...

I hope you find the house your looking for!! Beautiful photos!

Liz said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed on your house sale. Where are you moving? Will you still be here in Colorado? Your photos are just stunning. Can I take some lessons???? I'm serious. I think your mom has become the queen of layouts at sb.com, but mostly because of the amazing shots you send her of your kids.

Take care - Liz

said...

Beautiful photos & the Dragonfly shot is really amazing!!! Love the shots of your rambunctious pup!! Good luck with the move!!

f said...

Beautiful pic!